We're off again on a surprise pop-up junket whose origins are much of the reason we've gone the longest period in Wine:Thirty Flight's history without a proper blog post. This swing has us passing through our well-trod territory in Spain and Sweden, but adding stops in Hungary and the Czech Republic, as well as a bite to eat in the American Airlines Flagship Lounge dining room at New York JFK airport, and a quick hello at Chimichurri Grill (one of our very favorite restaurants). Would would refuse that?
I'm personally quite excited for Hungary, whose wine I find to be terrifically under appreciated and unknown. That I've yet to select a hotel room in Budapest underscores the last minute nature of this whole thing.
So here we go. This is where I'll be spending my Wine:Thirty Flight energy:
- American Airlines Flagship Lounge at New York - JFK
- American's refitted business class aboard the Boeing 767-300
- Iberia business class from Madrid to Stockholm
- New things in Stockholm?
- How has Norwegian Air intra-Schengen faired this past year?
- Hungarian wine + other things discovered in Budapest
- Flying economy class on Czech Airlines
- Is Prague all it's cracked up to be?
- The less than 24-hour guide to Madrid (whatever will we choose to do there?)
Any suggestions as to how I should fill my time?