Washingtonian magazine was out last week with a neat Your Guide to Washington, DC-Area Airports that we want to share. We've made no secret of our love for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA), we think one of the nation's very best, but there's great history and interesting things happening in the near future for travelers through America's capital city at Dulles International (IAD) and Baltimore-Washington International (BWI) airports as well. Locals and passers through read on.
Washington is, of course, unique as home to three major airports (though BWI is "shared" with the city of Baltimore). In the United States, we know of only New York City that is served by three airports with at least 20 million annual passengers each. Links to each of the Washingtonian mini-pieces are below, but if you're in a hurry we recommend you at least hit this piece about big changes coming to DC-area airports that will make travel much easier.
- Why Do We Still Have Those Weird-Looking People Movers at Dulles?
- A Very Short History of the Washington-New York Shuttle ("Trump used to run it. He wasn't very good at it.")
- Meet the Country’s Longest-Serving Flight Attendant (I've flown with her before, she is amazing!)
- Which DC Airport Will Give Your Fitbit the Best Workout?
- Members of Congress Fly Out of DC Every Week. It’s Not as Cushy as You Think.
- How to Kill Time in the Most Frustrating Place in DC: The Airport (though we disagree that this is the most frustrating place in DC!)
- How I Survived 24 Hours at Dulles (we're not touching this one...)
- 5 DC Airport Lounges That Are Worth Buying Your Way Into for a Day
- We Actually Found a Good Spa at the Airport
- 5 Hacks for Upgrading Your Trip Out of DC Airports
- The Big Changes That Are Coming to DC Airports That Will Make Traveling Much Easier (cannot overstate our excitement for new terminal at DCA)
- This is What It’s Like to Charter a Private Jet at Dulles
- These Are the Most Delayed Flights Out of DC (so yeah, avoid these...)